Bif Naked joined Karim Kanji inside the studio to chat about her music, her life, why she’s always so positive, if it’s true that she moved to Toronto to be close to Drake, and so much more!
This is Episode #129.
Here are some of the things we discussed:
- Bif Naked was born to a Canadian teenage mom in India.
- She was adopted by American parents who were in India doing Christian missionary work.
- As a young adult, Bif Naked visited her mom (who was then living in Barrie, Ontario) and discovered that many of the character traits she had came from her birth mom!
- Bif Naked’s real name is Beth Torbert. She explains how she got the name Bif and what she thinks of it.
- Bif Naked is the most positive person I’ve ever met. She is most likely the most positive person you’ve ever met. She explains how she got this way.
- Her battle with cancer and why she enjoyed it so much!
- How a hole in Bif Naked’s heart most likely saved her life but gave her kidney failure.
- How her dad’s dentistry profession and time in med school piqued her interest in all things health and medicine.
- Why she doesn’t drink anymore.
- Why a lot of punk rockers are also “straight-edge’d”.
- Why she believes in God.
- Why Bif Naked got into music and why she enjoys touring more than recording new material and putting out albums.
- The circumstances that forced her to start her own record label and own her own music since the beginning.
Recorded live at Girth Radio.
If you liked this episode you will also like:
Episode #100: Maestro Fresh Wes
Episode #51: Barenaked Ladies’ Jim Creeggan