This episode originally aired on the Welcome To The Music Podcast.
We spoke about:
- Listener Questions:
- Aneez from Whitby – It is said that rock stars want to be athletes, and athletes want to be rock stars… Adam Wainwright sang the National Anthem on Opening Day in St Louis… What’s the most John Gibbons Rock n Roll moment in the clubhouse, or on the road, or at a concert?
- Joshua from Scarborough – What was your walk up music when you were a Met? What would your walk up song be if you were playing today? Why don’t managers have walk up songs? (Fav song is Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Two WS rings with Braves and 1986 Mets
- Getting umps to throw John out
- World Baseball Classic (Ohtani and Trout)
- One of John’s good friends, JP Ricciardi – disliked in Toronto among the fan base. Why does JP get a bad rap?
- Pete Walker, pitching coach with the Jays, played for John
- Blue Jays new manager Schneider
- Alex Anthopolous
- Why John didn’t like the Home run jacket.
- Garth Brooks at METS spring training
- Rik Emmett and Gil Moore of Triumph came to games a lot
- Gil Moore helped John’s daughter, JORDAN, record couple of albums in his Toronto studio
- Having dinner with Geddy Lee and RUSH
- and so much more!
John is the author of the new book, “Gibby: Tales Of A Baseball Lifer”. Ask for it at your favourite local book store or online.
This is Episode #280 of the Welcome! podcast.