Sarah Midanik is the President and CEO of the Gord Downie and Chanie Wenjack Fund. She is also a member of the Métis Nation of Alberta and current resident of Toronto.
This is episode #143 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things I discussed with Sarah Midanik:
- The importance of not apologizing for taking a journey towards Reconciliation
- Sarah’s Métis background
- Her strong female role models in her life
- Why Sarah chose to work with the Gord Downie and Chanie Wenjack Fund
- Which Calls To Action Canada has achieved since the completion of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- Which Calls To Action Sarah Midanik would focus on first
- Why Sarah is still so patient
- Secret Path Week takes place between October 17 and 22
- October 17 is the anniversary of the day Gord Downie died
- October 22 is the day Chanie Wenjack died. Chanie was found a day later on October 23
- The importance of Land Acknowledgments
- How to put pressure on the system to encourage change
Google Play Music
You can also subscribe to the podcast via RSS Feed if you so desire.
Closing music by Afraaz Mulji.
This episode was taped at Girth Radio studios inside the Pacific Junction Hotel bar in Toronto.
If you liked this episode you will also like these: