An honorary resident of Scarborough (he’s actually from Don Mills but proudly beats his chest to the beat of Scarborough), Tim Micallef joined me in studio where we discussed his career, sports and why Sid Seixeiro never seems to wear a tie to work.
This is episode #132 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- I always thought he was from Scarborough. However, Tim Micallef called Don Mills home.
- His Malta roots.
- Playing basketball in high school was much different that playing varsity sports.
- How his sports career never took off at Carleton University.
- How he started at The Score as an intern.
- Where Tim Micallef’s love of the UNLV Running Rebels came from.
- Tim Micallef shares his thoughts on if NCAA athletes should be paid. Or not.
- The chemistry he has with Sid Seixeiro on their popular show, Tim and Sid.
- Tim Micallef’s relationship with Bob McCown.
- The legacy of Jose Bautista.
- What does Tim Micallef think of Alex Ovechkin’s first Stanley Cup? And where did all the Ovechkin haters go?
- Is LeBron James the greatest basketball player of all time? And is Michael Jordan even in the conversation (Sid Seixeiro seems to think Jordan played against much inferior talent)?
- What is up with Vince McMahon’s XFL?
- The legacy of Duane Casey and his time with the Toronto Raptors.
Recorded live at Girth Radio.
Intro music by Famous.
If you liked this episode you will also like the following conversations with current/former Sportsnet personalities: