Sam Reid is a founding member, songwriter and keyboardist with the award-winning band, Glass Tiger. Founded in Newmarket, Ontario Sam and the rest of the members of Glass Tiger have been making music and touring the world for the past 30+ years.
Listen to this exclusive Girth Radio podcast as Sam Reid and the band get ready to play the historic Massey Hall in Toronto.
This is episode #131 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- How Sam Reid’s parents enrolled him in piano lessons in order for him to open up and develop his growing interest in music.
- Why Sam Reid had to play “hidden” in his first bands.
- Why the band’s first name was Tokyo and the circumstances that “forced” them to change it to Glass Tiger.
- How Sam Reid and Glass Tiger came to open for Culture Club in the iconic Maple Leaf Gardens.
- How Glass Tiger got hooked up with Jim Vallance during the recording of their first album.
- How their first hits and success of their debut album changed Sam Reid and the band.
- The value of a song.
- Sam Reid’s relationship with the Snowbirds.
- The importance of not sucking!
- What is Willow Music and who are the indie band, Alpacas.
- Why Glass Tiger is still playing music and recording after 30+ years.
- The importance of playing at Toronto’s Massey Hall.
Google Play Music
You can also subscribe to the podcast via RSS Feed if you’re so inclined.
Recorded live at Girth Radio.
Music by Glass Tiger.
If you liked this episode you will also like the following conversations: