Shasha Nakhai is a filmmaker based out of Toronto with both Compy Films and Storyline Entertainment. Shasha’s award-winning films have screened at festivals and aired on TV worldwide, been released on iTunes, gone viral and been awarded Vimeo Staff Pick and Short of the Week.
This is Episode #152 of the Welcome! podcast.
- Shasha Nakhai was born in Nigeria to parent from Persian and Philippine backgrounds.
- Shasha came on a student visa to study but now is a proud Canadian and new owner of plaid pants!
- She studied journalism and radio and TV from 2005 until 2009 at Ryerson University. Shasha also attended Sheridan and Humber to finish her formal education.
- Shasha Nakhai was the director of Take Light which is a movie about the energy crisis in her Nigerian hometown.
- Shasha produced the 2017 Oscar “nominated” short doc, Frame 394 which was about the shooting of an unarmed man in South Carolina.
- Shasha Nakhai is also producing the movie adaptation of the award-winning book, Scarborough (which was written by Catherine Hernandez).
Google Play Music
You can also subscribe to the podcast via RSS Feed if you so desire.
This episode was taped at Girth Radio studios inside the Pacific Junction Hotel bar in Toronto.
Music featured in this podcast episode is by my cousin, Afraaz Mulji.
If you liked this episode with Shasha Nakhai you may also like these: