Allison Dore is a renowned radio host, media personality and former comedian. Allison Dore will be launching Howl & Roar Records – a female-centric comedy record label aimed at empowering artists and facilitating the creation of content for women and underrepresented performers in comedy.
On September 19th in Toronto drop by the Bad Dog Theatre for the official launch party of Howl & Roar Records. For more information please visit Facebook.
This is episode #138 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- Allison Dore was born in Ottawa, Ontario
- She was encouraged to try comedy by her big brother, Jon Dore
- Allison Dore suffered mental illness which resulted in her getting addicted to drugs to make herself feel better
- Allison explains why she does not separate the art from the person (especially when it comes to people like Bill Cosby, Woody Allen, etc)
- Why she started Howl & Roar Records
- How Allison got her first gig on SiriusXM Canada radio
- We also spoke about her shows, The Breakdown, Digging In and Allison Dore’s BroadCast
Music by Afraaz Mulji.
If you liked this episode you will also like the following conversations with other former podcast alumni: