Richard Peddie is best known as the former President and CEO of Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment. These days, Peddie can be found learning and talking across the globe as a passionate city builder.
Richard Peddie joined Karim Kanji and co-host Gregg Tilston inside Toronto’s Girth Radio studios for an unprecedented fourth visit. In this episode we discuss the upcoming Toronto election and the impact Doug Ford continues to have on the city of Toronto.
This is episode #139 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things we discussed with Richard Peddie:
- The bombshell announcement that Doug Ford wanted to almost halve the size of Toronto’s city council to 25 councilors
- Why Richard Peddie is supporting Jennifer Keesmat
- Why Peddie doesn’t think John Tory has done enough as Mayor of Toronto over the past three years
- Why Keesmat’s leadership style is preferred over Tory’s leadership style by many progressives in Toronto
- The ongoing transit woes in Toronto
- Should the city of Toronto ban guns within it’s borders and how effective could it be in shrinking crime
- Can powerful neighborhood councils be more effective in places like North York, Scarborough and Etobicoke than a seemingly distant Toronto city hall?
- Finally, we discussed Richard Peddie’s thoughts on women’s professional basketball coming to Toronto
Google Play Music
You can also subscribe to the podcast via RSS Feed if you so desire.
Music by Afraaz Mulji.
If you liked this episode you will also like all our previous conversations with Richard Peddie.