It’s finally here.
The last unofficial workday of 2011. So what better thing to do then continue something I started last year here.
Here is this year’s list of Tweeple (people on Twitter) who positively impacted my life in one way or another (in no particular order). After reading this make sure to follow all these people. Your life will be better for it.
- @jpuopolo – Joseph has been a good friend and supporter of mine for a little while now. I first met him at freelancecampTO. Before we met he was just the dude who used Charlie Brown as his Twitter avatar. Today? He’s my UFC buddy. He’s been kind enough to open his place up to host many a UFC PPV. And he’s also offered his stickers for our XConnectTO events.
- @manalsiddiqui – Who would have thought that meeting on a TTC Streetcar party would have netted me a good friend in Manal. Manal is one of the few people I know who spends so much of her energy and heart into making Toronto an even better place to live in.
- @salimavalji – We met briefly at MusicConnectTO and then again at a Mobile Monday event. Next thing you know I was heading up to Stratford with Salima for Canada 3.0. Salima is a bright young lady whose understanding of social media and digital marketing is second to none. Knowing Salima this past year has helped me gain a better understanding of my own industry and business.
- @OrangeYYZ – ING DIRECT’s foray into co-working with their Network Orange space has been a success as far as I am concerned. Our business, thirdocean, proudly calls the space at 221 Yonge home. Thanks to Melissa, Conrad and everyone here for making 2011 so special for us.
- @thehartley – Matt has come through for thirdocean like no other this year. He has hosted 3 events for us this year: HashUpTO, FilmConnect and WebPalTO. His tweets on #cdntech and baseball are always enlightening if not downright hilarious. Thanks Matt. We shall do more lunches/drinks this year.
- @hessiejones and @azimalibhai- I met Hessie through my friend Azim when they were both with Due North. Today, they are both carving out their own path. Azim is an independent consultant in the media space while Hessie is starting to kick butt with a new Toronto-based startup. They have both introduced me to some amazing people. Thanks!
- @TheWorkRepublic – Thank you very much Ray, Maurice and Milan for hosting me on many days. It’s always a trip hanging with you guys during the day. TWR is the best place to work north of Bloor Street.
- @funkstop – Although an entire continent away, Rahim has continued to support and be an inspiration to me and my business. The folks on the west coast are lucky to have a talented guy who wears his heart on his sleeve.
There’s probably a bunch of Tweeple that are not on this list that have impacted and continue to impact my life in a positive way. This is an incomplete list. I have also not included the many people not on Twitter who I interact with often whom I could not do without. To everyone, thanks for making 2011 another amazing year!
If you’re not on Twitter, get on and follow me at @karimkanji.