Sarah Climenhaga joined co-hosts Karim Kanji and Gregg Tilston inside the studio this past week to discuss the 2018 Ontario Election results and its potential impact on the city of Toronto.
This is Episode #3 of the Toronto The Podcast and Episode #130 of Welcome!
Here are some of the things we discussed:
- Why Sarah Cimenhaga does not think that the city of Toronto is as divided as the election results seemed to point out.
- The many reasons why she is running for the office of the Mayor of Toronto.
- Gregg Tilston is obsessed with Doug Ford’s “Buck A Beer” election promise.
- How Sarah Climenhaga would work with Doug Ford should she be elected as Toronto’s next mayor.
- Sarah Climenhaga’s candid thoughts on the strong mayoral system as advocated by Doug Ford.
- Why Sarah Climenhaga thinks the King Streetcar project has been successful and what she would do to improve the experience of drivers.
- Karim Kanji argues why the $0.10 reduction in gas prices will do everything to increase drivers and cars on the road, decrease the use of public transit, lower the revenues available to the Ontario government, decrease the chances of continued and/or increased investment (including ongoing service and maintenance) in public transit in both Ontario and Toronto.
- Sarah Climenhaga’s thoughts on affordable housing, affordable child care, the environment, equity, civic engagement and so much more!
Recorded live at Girth Radio.
Music by Afraaz Mulji.
If you liked this episode you will also like:
Episode #128: 2018 Ontario Election Primer with Dan Speerin