March Break is finally upon us. That means two things.
First, the weather should be improving. I’m not holding my breath on this one. Second, parents (like yours truly) will be scrambling to figure out how to keep our kids occupied, engaged and alive.
Here are SEVEN ideas (as I type this at 12:55am) for you to try. You can thank me later.
- Go to the Royal Ontario Museum. They have a really cool March Break camp. And for those not inclined for a full week of museum programming, they do have drop in sessions.
- The Hockey Hall of Fame is always a popular choice. And this March Break features Olympic hockey!
- The Toronto Zoo has a March Break camp. But cooler than that are baby polar bears. And pandas. Did I mention BABY POLAR BEARS? 🙂
- I’m taking my son to the Arcade Fire concert. Why? It’s his 8th birthday on the 13th. What else should we do? 🙂
- Skating. Looking for public rinks that are open? Check out the City of Toronto website.
- Trails and hikes. Going on hikes to discover Toronto’s urban wilderness will be an adventure you and your kids will never forget. Here’s one suggestion for Monday. Search on your favourite search engine for more ideas.
- There is nothing more rewarding and lasting than reading. And there is nowhere better for that than Toronto’s Public Library system.
Do you have anything else to suggest?