Jaime Stein – formerly from Toronto – is now a Vancouver resident and Chief Client Officer for Winnipeg-based, ICUC.
Stein joined me inside the Girth Radio studio for an in-depth chat about his travels, his passions, work and why Canada has the best sunsets in the world!
This is episode #133 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- The SportsConnectTO panel that started the friendship between Jaime Stein and Karim Kanji.
- Jaime’s experience in preparing for and climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- His work with the National Public Cord Blood Bank.
- Doing varsity football play-by-play for Queen’s University in Kingston while going to school at Toronto’s Ryerson University.
- Meeting Keith Pelley while at TSN helped Jaime Stein kickstart his professional sports broadcasting career.
- Calling the play-by-play for the Toronto Argonauts.
- His role at ING Bank in Canada.
- Working the social media war room as ING changed their name and branding to Tangerine.
- Why Jaime Stein had enough of Toronto and moved to Vancouver.
- His role at Vancouver’s Hootsuite.
- Leaving Hootsuite to join another company helping brands navigate the social media space, ICUC.
- Jaime Stein finally ends the debate on which city province has the better sunsets: Ontario or British Columbia.
Music by Afraaz Mulji.
If you liked this episode you will also like the following conversations with other former podcast alumni: