Morgan P. Campbell is an award-winning journalist who writes for the Toronto Star. His column, Sports Prism is the Star’s weekly look at the intersection of sports and race issues, rights and social concerns.
In this episode we discuss:
– Black basketball players being called out for not playing for Team Canada
– Black NHL hockey players and racism
– Colin Kaepernick’s ongoing feud with the NFL
– Why we should all be excited about the Toronto Wolfpack rugby team
– Morgan’s infatuation with The 90 Day Fiance
Morgan P. Campbell is an award-winning sports writer with the Toronto Star. He has written about the Canadian Football League, MMA, Boxing, Baseball and even rugby. In this episode we talk about Campbell’s journey playing football with Northwestern University to writing for Canada’s largest daily newspaper.
We discuss racism in sports (specifically baseball), football and the issue of concussions, and even steroids in professional and amateur sports.We also discuss the future (and current state) of newspapers.