I recently wrote a piece on their unique and interactive videos on the Catalyst Blog called Video Saved the Radio Stars. I hope you enjoy the read.
One of this year’s most anticipated albums was released a few weeks ago: Reflektor by Arcade Fire. I must admit that I am a recent convert to the Montreal band’s fusion of pop, rock and big, bold sounds.
I am also attracted to their amazing videos and how they use various media to showcase their musical art. When their interactive video for the title track to their latest album came out I wrote a piece on it here.
This latest double album release continues to showcase Arcade Fire as one of the world’s most original and genre bending bands of today.
- Reflektor – a perfect song to introduce their Haitian inspired sounds that reverberate throughout the album.
- We Exist – an addictive song that is Arcade Fire’s only pop-sounding song on Reflektor.
- Flashbuld Eyes – a fusion of dance and rock.
- Here Comes The Night Time – one of my favourite songs. Put on your dancing shoes for this one. And while you’re at it, watch the “movie special” of the same name.
- Normal Person – do you like rock and roll music?
- You Already Know – yes, you do like rock and roll.
- Joan Of Arc – Billboard magazine calls this the most U2 sounding song of Reflektor. Maybe.
- Here Comes The Night Time II – the second half begins…
- Awful Sound (Oh Eurydice) – percussion instruments dominate this 6 minute tune
- It’s Never Over (Hey Orpheus) – a beautiful symphony of rocking guitars and soulful silence.
- Porno – a song that sounds like the the theme song for a space adventure.
- Afterlife – another fun song to dance with and rock out to. And another fun video to watch.
- Supersymmetry – a beautiful end to 2013’s Album Of The Year.