Sam Reid is a founding member, songwriter and keyboardist with the award-winning band, Glass Tiger. Founded in Newmarket, Ontario Sam and the rest of the members of Glass Tiger have been making music and touring the world for the past 30+ years.
Listen to this exclusive Girth Radio podcast as Sam Reid and the band get ready to play the historic Massey Hall in Toronto.
This is episode #131 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- How Sam Reid’s parents enrolled him in piano lessons in order for him to open up and develop his growing interest in music.
- Why Sam Reid had to play “hidden” in his first bands.
- Why the band’s first name was Tokyo and the circumstances that “forced” them to change it to Glass Tiger.
- How Sam Reid and Glass Tiger came to open for Culture Club in the iconic Maple Leaf Gardens.
- How Glass Tiger got hooked up with Jim Vallance during the recording of their first album.
- How their first hits and success of their debut album changed Sam Reid and the band.
- The value of a song.
- Sam Reid’s relationship with the Snowbirds.
- The importance of not sucking!
- What is Willow Music and who are the indie band, Alpacas.
- Why Glass Tiger is still playing music and recording after 30+ years.
- The importance of playing at Toronto’s Massey Hall.
Recorded live at Girth Radio.
Music by Glass Tiger.
If you liked this episode you will also like the following conversations: