Currently a star in the hit Nikelodeon show, Star Falls, Elena V. Wolfe was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario and fell in love with acting at a very young age while watching her favourite shows on television. Her first introduction to performing came in the form of a high school musical when she was cast to play one of the evil step sisters Lucinda in Into the Woods.
Her acting would take a backseat however when she received a scholarship to play varsity tennis at the University of Virginia.
It wasn’t until after graduating college that her acting career would resurface when she landed her first role in the American crime drama television series The Bridge on FX. Shortly after, Elena joined the cast of the hit sci-fi television series Defiance on Syfy and Space. Other credits to her name include Flashpoint (CTV), The Firm (NBC), Degrassi Takes Manhattan and Filthy Cities.
This is episode #134 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- What does the “V” stand for in Elena’s name?
- How Elena got her start in acting.
- Attending the University of Virginia on a tennis scholarship.
- Some of the world’s famous women and men Elena has watched play and played against.
- Elena’s thoughts on players “grunting” when hitting shots in tennis.
- Her previous modeling career.
- Why Elena studied law in grad school and how that’s helping her career today.
- Her initial and continuing attempt at writing a book.
- Why she left her career in tennis.
- Moving back to the Greater Toronto Area
Music by Afraaz Mulji.
If you liked this episode you will also like the following conversations with other former podcast alumni: