Taras Lavren in an actor who currently stars in the second season of Anne with an E airing now. The first season is available for streaming on Netflix.
Taras Lavren plays Nate in the show – a quick-minded grifter that uses his charm and sharp wit to play the con-game to its full potential. We first get introduced to Nate as one of the borders that take up residence at Green Gables at the end of season one. In addition to Anne with an E, Tara is also a gifted director and filmmaker.
Taras Lavren is a founding member of Blink Twice Films, a unique project dedicated as a collaborative platform for actors, writers, composers and filmmakers. The project aspires to bridge local and international talent around the world by creating an anthology of one-minute short films, which are periodically released over their Instagram platform @blinktwicefilms.
This is Episode #150 of the Welcome! podcast.
Christine Estima has been professionally writing since she was 18. Since then, Christine has continued to write articles, essays, novels and even plays. You can find her on Twitter @christineestima.
This is Episode #147 of the Welcome! podcast.
- Christine Estima is half Portuguese and half Lebanese.
- Christine grew up near Montreal and currently calls Toronto home.
- Christine is also a professional house sitter!
- We chatted about her two more recent from The Walrus (about Christine reporting her assault) and the New York Times (racism and ethnicity).
- Christine has also had Twitter wars with the “most hated man in the world”, Martin Shkreli!
- We argued about the recent Banksy exhibit in Toronto.
- Christine has a love of urban art and graffiti and has also had a piece of art created in her honour!
- Christine Estima has also appeared at various Spoken Word events.
- Christine also shared her opinions on the #MeToo movement and her thoughts on Jian Ghomeshi and CK Lewis.
Dan Speerin and Vince Kesavamoorthy joined Karim Kanji and Gregg Tilston in Girth Radio studios on October 23, 2018. The day after Toronto’s election that saw the voters return John Tory as the mayor of the largest city in Canada.
This is Episode #146 of the Welcome! podcast.
Special thanks to my co-host Gregg Tilston and to our Post Toronto Election Coverage in-studio guests Dan Speerin and Vince Kasavamoorthy.
Now that we finally have the audio versions of last week’s Toronto Election Facebook Livestream we thought we’d create a page that includes the videos and audio in one place.
This is Episode #145 of the Welcome! podcast.
Special thanks to my co-host Gregg Tilston and to our Toronto Election in-studio guests Kelly Dyment, Bryn Feldmann, Paul Crowe, Casey Palmer and Connie Crosby.
Dai Williams is the Interim Co-chair and Communications Lead for Women Win Toronto. Women Win Toronto is a Toronto-based organization dedicated to train and prepare women from diverse backgrounds (including trans and gender non-conforming individuals) to run winning campaigns for the 2018 Toronto municipal election. Visit them at http://womenwinto.ca/
This is episode #142 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things we discussed with Dai Williams:
- What Women Win Toronto is
- What Dai Williams does with Women Win Toronto
- How Dai became involved in local politics and why she’s passionate about her work with Women Win Toronto and other initiatives
- Women In Toronto Politics
- Social Media Lead for #SnapTheBudget
- Social Media Lead for Ontario Thrive
- Why Faith Goldy wouldn’t meet the criteria for getting accepted into Women Win Toronto
Rob Johnston is the Lead Audio Producer and head of Sound Design for CuriousCast. What is CuriousCast? It’s the new Corus podcast project. Rob has also been the Technical Producer for the Alan Cross show, Ongoing History of New Music, since forever.
This is episode #141 of the Welcome! podcast.
Here are some of the things we discussed with Rob Johnston:
- Rob’s new role at Corus
- Rob started at CFNY/Corus answering calls for the likes of Alan Cross, Chris Sheppard and Martin Streek
- Rob beginning his Technical Production work with Alan Cross on the popular radio show (and podcast), Ongoing History of New Music
- Turning radio programs into podcasts
- Turning podcasts into radio programs
- The work Rob Johnston did with Mike Downie
- Rob Johnston’s work with Stuart Coxe (now of Antica Productions – eOne’s podcast offering)