This episodes features podcaster, blogger and one of Toronto’s most unheralded boosters, Mike Boon. aka Toronto Mike.
I sat down with Farid Kassam. Who is Farid? Well, let’s just say that he is (partly) responsible for the air we breathe in airplanes and the functionality of the CanadARM. Yup. That arm. The one that helped build the International Space Station and launched (and fixed) the Hubble Space Telescope. Check out our conversation below.
The founder of Pitch Talks, Kevin Kennedy recently joined me in Girth Radio studios in Pacific Junction Hotel in Toronto.
Music by Afraaz Mulji.
Uncle Neil joined me in Girth Radio studios at Toronto’s Pacific Junction Hotel.
Check out this episode on Girth Radio over here.
Neil ended the show by playing his guitar and singing the classic, Bridge Over Troubled Water.
Just before he finished working with Flight Centre as it’s global head of social media, Gregg Tilston and I sat down to chat about music, touring, Toronto, travel, social media and lots of other things.
You can listen to the show on my Girth Radio page.
Or you can also listen to the show via the links below:
It’s been a while but I’ve finally uploaded my conversation with good friend, author and entrepreneur Hessie Jones.
Check it out on my Girth Radio page.
Or listen to it below.
I’ve written about podcast before on this site. Multiple times in fact. However, I feel the need to write another one for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, there are a few new podcasts I’m listening to that I want to tell you about. Secondly, everyone on my team at work doesn’t listen to podcasts! The horror!
Ready? Here we go!
Birds All Day. This is the most recent reincarnation of the old Drunk Jays Fans podcast. Starring Andrew Stoeten and Drew Fairservice, Birds All Day is a weekly podcast about Blue Jays baseball. I also happen to support this podcast through Patreon which enables content creators to monetize their work.
WTF. WTF stands for What The Fuck. Hosted by comedian Marc Maron, WTF was recently voted the best podcast by Slate magazine. specifically his conversation with Louis C.K. WTF is filled with longer length conversations between Marc and guests from the world of music, comedy, and soon to be politics (as of this writing Marc is has just posted his interview with U.S. President Barak Obama).
Canadaland with Jesse Brown. Canadaland is another podcast that I support through Patreon. Jesse Brown’s podcast and accompanying website is dedicated to shining an uncomfortable spotlight on Canada’s media industry. If you haven’t heard of Canadaland you’ve most likely heard of one of the biggest stories that broke in recent Canadian media history: The Jian Ghomeshi story. Yup. It is because of Jesse Brown’s investigative journalism that we now know of many issues that Canada’s mainstream media refuse to cover or even acknowledge.
Toronto Mike’d. Hosted by Mike Boon of the Toronto Mike website, Toronto Mike’d started as one man’s look at Toronto from the west side of the city. Today, this podcast is a must listen to show for everyone and anyone interested in Toronto sports and Toronto radio. Here’s a list of some of the more recent guests: Roger Ashby, Matt Galloway, Steve Anthony, Roz Weston, and James Mirtle.
Published on: June 12, 2015
On this episode #5 of Welcome, I spoke with social media sales professional Andrew Jenkins.
During this episode we chat about:
- The time Andrew worked with Mickey Rooney and also made a phone sex documentary called Telewhore.
- The time Andrew worked for a menswear company selling clothes online. e-commerce – 1995
- How Andrew discovered e-commerce and helped to create online catalogues for retailers in USA.
- Why Andrew went to Rotman to complete his Executive MBA
- The time Andrew worked as head of social at RBC
- Why Andrew spends time teaching at OCAD as well as digital strategy at UofT.
You can visit the episode page on the Welcome! Girth Radio page. Or listen below!
Kerry was born in the Yukon, grew up mostly in Edmonton and moved to Vancouver in 1994. Most recently he’s lived in Italy ( Rome & Florence), Mexico and Montreal. Today, Kerry calls Toronto home.
During this episode we chat about:
- Growing up in the Yukon and Edmonton.
- His dad buying a Macintosh and then falling in love with technology.
- The importance of traveling.
- Why make the move from Vancouver to Toronto?
- Why Kerry identifies as an Apple fan
- And why Father John Misty is his favourite musical artist
Featuring music by:
The New Pornographers – Moves
Father John Misty – Chateau Lobby #4
My latest guest on the Welcome! podcast is Laurie Dillon-Schalk of Evidently.
A lover of digital and coffee. Asker of good questions. Sleuth of business problems. Identifier of emerging trends, consumer insights, impacts of digital upon consumer behaviours. Laurie Dillon Schalk is my guest in the Welcome! studio.
In this episode, Laurie and I chat about:
- How she earned her MBA.
- Her amazing 7 years at IBM
- What she did at Great Gulf Homes
- How Laurie started Social Wisdom in 2009 during the height of the last great recession
- How she landed the job at WestJet as Director of Digital Strategy
- Her time at JWT as Director of Digital Strategy
- Working with the iconic OREO brand at FCB Global in Toronto
- And finally ending up at Evidently where Laurie is currently the Head of Planning
- We also chatted about the future of the traditional agency model
- Traditional media’s relationship with Facebook
- Why Laurie changed her name on Facebook
- Her thoughts on gender issues in the workplace
- And, finally, what her FAVOURITE song is!
Introduction Music by my cousin Afraaz Mulji